Monday, April 03, 2006

The worst week to visit Estonia...ever


That's Aaron. He's my bestfriend from Northwestern University, currently living and studying in London, UK. Like a true friend, he decided to visit me in Tallinn for part of his spring break. We also wanted to participate in Eesti Muusik Paevad (estonian music days), a festival for new Estonian music running March 24-31st. Unfortunatley, it happend to be the worst week of weather we've had in Estonian since I arrived. Technically, spring (kevad) is here. This means that it only snows once or twice a week, and rains the other five. The sky is perpetually gray, and so is everything else. A nice slush, mud, ice, and dirt goulash currently covers every outdoor surface. "Aaron, would you like to take a picture?". Despite the weather, we had a great time exploring Tallinn and catching up...and the music was ok too. For good reason, I do not have any more pictures to show. In fact, cameras were of so little use during his visit that Aaron ended up leaving his behind by accident. A warning to all of you wanting to someday visit Estonia...don't come at the end of winter/early spring...you'll be disappointed.

I think I actually miss the snow...at least it gave a nice white, soft glow to everything ;) You'd think that after almost 5 months of winter, spring would be welcome. Lets hope its short and summer begins halfway through April. This is wishful thinking. At least it's getting warmer...that's what I tell myself. I'll let you know when the green comes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home