Thursday, April 13, 2006

Berginia!


Umm...for those of you wondering...that means Berlin and Virginia! Last week I flew to Berlin for 3 days to meet Virginia, my oldest friend in the world (since age 7). She then flew back to Estonia with me for 4 days. We had a wonderful time catching up on life, creating new memories, and exploring Europe. Making new friends is a fascinating and intense experience, however, there is nothing like reconnecting with an old buddy to give you a sense of history, depth of life, and sense of love. Being able to sit next to someone on the tram and not feel like you have to say something at each moment is a really cool feeling.

So Berlin...Germany was cool, cause I'm half-German by heritage (well..Prussian, technically). I've never been somewhere I physically fit in so well. Sorry mom, it looks like Dad's super-Schmidt genes won out this round. Berlin and Potsdam are both very clean and beautiful. Nothing too weird happend on the trip so I'll just post some of my favorite pictures and perhaps I'll have a more entertaining narrative next time :) Happy Spring!

P.S. It's FINALLY getting warmer and sunnier here in Estonia. I did not wear gloves, and I even took off my second layer today!
The Reichstag: Berlin's House of Government. Unfortunatley our meeting with Angela Merkel was cancelled ;)

(Left)Berlin's memorial to the slaughtered Jews in WWII. (Right) Inside the Reichstage Dome. Can you find me taking this picture in the glass?
































Schloss Scharlottenburg (Altes Schloss). This was a royal residence back in the day.

Neues Palais in Potsdam. Also was a royal residence.

Cecilienhof Palais in Potsdam.

(Left) Brewery in Potsdam. (Right) Sony Center in Berlin.
















If anyone would like so see the rest of the pictures, e-mail me. Take Care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home